Popular Post

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Tres Marias (SM Fairview Thieves)


Are you from the Philippines, particularly in Quezon City? If yes, you've probably been to SM Fairview. I personally been there a thousand times. What I wanted to share is my experience in that mall. Well not inside the mall, but specifically on our way home.


MY PHONE GOT SNATCHED! There, I said it. It is not an expensive phone, not an Iphone, but this phone holds a lot of memory. My highschool memories. Our selfies, messages and such. And it is not just and item that I lost, it is the sentimental value that was stolen from me. 


The brand of my phone is Alcatel, One Touch Inspire 2. You can search what it looks like and how much does it costs cause all I can show you is the box that I am left with and the memories that lies within. My phone has a big scratch in the middle of the screen. From upper right to lower left of the screen dividing it into two different sides. But even though it has a crack, it still functions pretty well.

So here's what happened. On our way home, we crossed the road from SM Fairview to Jollibee Lagro because there are jeeps available there for us to ride on our way home. I have my blue jansport back pack on my back and a groceries on both of my left and right hand. Of course, both are heavy that I don't notice people behind my back. So when we are on the other side of the road, rode the jeepney and checked my bag....THE ZIPPER IS FOOOKING OPEN. I checked if anything is missing - apparently my phone is not in there but luckily the camera that I borrowed from my school paper adviser, the camera which I used for my photojournalism contest is not stolen. 

What is the point of ranting this issue that happened a long time ago? (not sure if its 2014 or 2015)
My phone is synchronized to one of my account and all of the photos I took is included. And I think God is on my side. The thief (thieves, actually) took a picture using my phone and it was uploaded in one of the apps in my phone. Here is the picture:


They are called 'Tres Marias' (three-girls). How did I know? well I asked some of the vendors on the road and inquire if they have heard of any thieves that steals peoples phone from backpacks, thieves who took advantage of the crowd crossing the street and making a move to people who is carrying heavy loads and steal something from them. And most of the people said "ay yung tatlong babae yun" the said - tres marias. Finally, thanks to my cellphone app, they are caught in action. What we just need to do is to let a lot of people know about them, Share this and give warning to people you know from the Philippines who always go to SM Fairview or the newly constructed Fairview Terraces.

I wanted to share this to give people some advice. Never put your backpacks at your back (ironic huh?) especially when you are not in a safe and peaceful place. There are people who will take advantage of you. I seldom put my bag at the back it just so happened that I am carrying two heavy loads that's why it will be more convenient to put my bag at the back. One of the advice I'll say is to always be aware of your bag, and make sure you are alert. That even though your bag is at the back you can still feel if there is something wrong. Okay?

So please, for the sake of every people who goes to SM Faiview, please do share! 

Have you ever experience the same tragedy? DO COMMENT BELOW FOLKS!



No comments:

Post a Comment