Popular Post

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Inspirational Speech: Teenage Dream

In the last semester of our Oral Communication Subject we had a task in which we need to make our own speeches about 'DREAM' and to recite it in class. Initially my classmates thought of "I have a dream" by Luther King  probably because it is common. But my teacher told us to be realistic. She doesn't want to see dreams like "world peace, unity, no corruption, etc..." but a more personal dream we want to achieve as a teenager. So here is my composition:

I have a question for everyone..What is your dream? My dream is completely different compared to that of other teenagers. They want to be flawless, wished to be like those Victoria Secret Models.
or a Bench Ambassadors. They dream to be beautiful. I personally don't want to be beautiful, for this generation's beautiful means being a skinny person, it means being tall, having white & fair skin, having a long gorgeous hair, a pointed nose and of course a flat belly.

I have a dream that someday: teenagers won't starve themselves to death or drown to lotions and cosmetics because they feel that they're not good "beautiful", that they're not enough, that they are just fat, short, dumb, useless human beings. 


STOP! Let's all stop dreaming and wake up. Drink a hot coffee or if you want it cold, so be it! You decide for yourself. Stop dreaming. And start screaming! "Scream for what you think is right! Let your voice be heard. Step out of your comfort zone but always BE YOURSELF.

Don't let the society fool you. Those magazines photo shopped their models for hours. Do not dream to have a photoshopped body, dream to have a healthy one.



Those Facebook likes, Twitter favorite, Instagram hearts, Snapchat views do not define your beauty... Just like how grades do not define your intelligence. 

You are beautiful, handsome, smart, perfect, you are worth it! You are loved, you are important. I'm telling you right now, if they don't appreciate you...I do!

People tend to question this generation: Are they still the "Pag-asa ng Bayan" our national hero; Dr. Joe Rizal is referring to? On behalf of the Filipino Youth, I would say...Yes! Of course, we are still the hope of this country. We just need to focus more on our inner beauty, be a good person, work hard, strive for the best and God will do the rest. Believe because you have to.

Once again, my dream is completely different compared to others because I dream to be the inspiration of this generation. Stop hasty generalizations and unite as one for this nation.

Now, I'm going to ask again...What is your dream?

So that is basically my speech. I got 39/40 for our oral exam. Not bad, right? *taps myself on the shoulder* Good job! I may not scored the highest during that time but I love the feeling after my speech where everyone in our class approached me and told me "It was an inspiring message" and such alike.

Regarding this matter: I will post a somehow connected article about this. As for now, thank you for reading and I hope I helped you gain your self confidence even just for a little. Always remember: I do appreciate you beautiful-worth it-human-being!

*high five*

-SnFF.



No comments:

Post a Comment